Saturday, April 20, 2013

That New 52 Smell : The First Unpacking Update

That New 52 Smell
The First Unpacking

Six weeks later and the first subscription issue finally arrived. My first review issue... and subsequently I finally had a few questions answered.

- Subscription issues start mailing after six weeks HOWEVER that only means they mail on the week they come out... which may mean it might take extra weeks for some first issues to mail.

- Oh yes, they seemingly come out a month behind. Its April... and I got March's issue.

- And they mail one issue at a time. That's good. Means I dont have to wait two months between reviews... I dont know why I was even worried about that. Really.

So April is going to be a slow month. This episode coming? Superman Issue No 18, featuring fallout from H'el on Earth, the realization the artwork reminds me of manga artwork which reminds me of the time Superman was drawn that way for a time in the 90's as a sales gimmick... and the threat of Hector Hammond, the new 52s worst ever evil bobble headed human... I mean wow! Just look at the size of his head! Sheesh... oh, and that is only the tip of the iceberg in this first ever New 52 Superman review.

After that? Waiting on Supergirl to come in. Hopefully not too long of a wait.

May is a little busier. Besides the second issues of Supergirl and Superman we also get the first issues of Action Comics and Teen Titans, doubling the monthly reviews to four.

For all intents and purposes it looks like a major trade will be resolved. So that means June and probably July will see the last of the first year content rolling in, setting the pace of the series in 2013 to 2014..

It took awhile, but we are finally ready to get That New 52 Smell rolling full speed ahead. And that can only be a good thing.

So how will we close up the first year of content? Good question... I am still fudging abit on the end admittedly. That is still abit up in the air.

Wonder Woman is still on the list most certainly, that is scheduled, but how to end? Hmm... I was thinking of several possible scenarios... my mind is basically stuck at this point, at a indecision moment, and while there is a bit of time left to resolve it... that time is running out so... what to end with. That I will save for an upcoming update.

So right now we will focus on upcoming episodes.

- Supergirl episode
While I am hoping that we will see the first issue arrive today (April 20th)... it might not. So first issue coverage coming soon.

There is also the digital content, but that is a topic of another update... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment