Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer 2013 Day 16 : Travels with the Hele Hold Up Bus

I think I may know my fate regarding work next school year when I get my June 15th check, finding paying work as a reviewer is slow work, and I am still waiting on the laptop... the last thing I need is for the shuttle rates to go up, but they're going up.

Hele On, the bus company that handles public transportation, announced yesterday that they will be raising bus rates a whopping 100% with the cost jumping from $1 to $2... seriously? They don't do that over at The Bus, public transportation on Oahu, and they run far more buses for longer each and every day and Sundays. But that is what we get with privatized public transportation. Privatization. Sucks for medical, transportation, social services, everything.

And here I thought this month's flank ache would be waiting for the laptop to arrive. Thanks alot Hele On. Thanks. Oh well, like I said on Facebook everyone on the neighbor islands need to get on this and email the heck out of Hele On and your local county council member over this nonsense with Hele On. If they need a bit more maybe it would work if it wasn't a 100% doubling of ticket prices... my hope is that bus passes remain a bargain lessening the impact if higher prices... stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment