Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Review Update

Still looking for a new home, but while I am looking I have a bit to highlight as sample reviews reviews in my submissions, as well as here in full.

Action Comics (DC Comics)
Part of the f our subscriptions I am reviewing for That New 52 Smell podcast. Wish my subscription started with #19 instead of #20, but I can always get the digital issue for review.

Doctor Who Series III (IDW)
Started as print reviews, I am now grinding through this as digital reviews. Presently up to Issue #6 with three issues to pick up (Issue #9 starting off a four parter with... ugh... the Hypothethical Gentleman from Issue #1-#2).

Doctor Who Prisoners of Time (IDW)
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, each issue featuring each of the 11 incarnations of the Doctor.

Continuity Paradox
So... if the BBC really went and made John Hurt the true 9th Doctor... what does that mean for September when the 9th Doctor`s number is up? Will it be Christopher E. (I thought remembering Straczynski`s last name was a pain) or will it be John Hurt in his first adventure predating the 50th Anniversary episode in November... I am betting IDW is out of the loop with the BBC so.... C.E.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic (IDW)
Digitally I have been keeping up with pony. Right now up to Issue #7 and the Fluttershy Micro Series issue. The rest of summer should be excellent with a two issue Big Mac slash background pony story arc in Issue #9-#10, and secondary cast Micro Series starting with The Cutie Mark Crusaders in Issue #7.

Supergirl (DC Comics)
Just started getting the issues, and post H`el on Earth she is being teamed up with... herself, aka Earth-2 Power Girl (who just got a new costume).

Superman (DC Comics)
Nuff said. Happy 75th Superman.

Teen Titans (DC Comics)
So I just started getting my subscription issues... and I am not too excited about it. Check, even Titans fan Linkara has said that this present Titans title is just OK, and really I am just reading it to have a Superboy title in my reviews... oh well.

I do want to add titles... but when will I do that? Good question... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment