Thursday, February 14, 2013

FYI Week 2


FYI
Introduction Part 2
Sweet 16 & Updates

Continuing from last time we wrap up the Sweet 16 list by looking at MARVEL and Valiant... then I have an update on my contacting the big 4! But first thing first...

MARVEL
About as good a time to jump in since they just twice rebooted themselves, their present gimmick being the MARVEL NOW line, of which I will tap into review wise.

Avengers
What can I say? It's an Avengers title, and Avengers 2 is coming up 2015... go figure.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Since we will be talking about it next year with the coming movie I might as well review the comic.

Superior Spider-Man
I'd say we are in for the long haul... but rumor has it Peter gets over being dead in Issue #7 at the earliest...we'll see what I do next with this title when that happens.

X-Men
New female led X-Men title? Me want.

And finally...
Valiant Comics
Presently it sports 5 titles, but I am only reviewing 4... the 5th, Harbringers, I will pick up in Trade Paperback format.

Archer and Armstrong
Bloodshot
Shadowman
X-O Manowar

My crowning achievement with Valiant, though, will be the series of ebooks I plan to write covering the history of Valiant in the 90's. I also have books planned for covering Defiant Comics, Malibu's Ultraverse and MARVEL to an extent. Stay tuned to Book Em Danno for more info.

Now onto some pretty positive news... and that is I contacted the big four publisher I mentioned (DC, IDW, MARVEL and Valiant).

As my usual when contacting publishers I focus on 3 criteria of relations.- Press Releases, aka the Daily Newsfeed of comics. What's new, what's big, what's up and coming.

- The ability to make interview requests

- Review Material Requests

With those three basics set to mind I approached the big four, resulting in...

Day 1 (February 4th)
Made contact with IDW. Brief and right to the heart of the matter. Look forward to...

- IDW News, here every Sunday as well as with RKYV Online.

- Researching for first interviews.

- IDW Reviews article coming in, double the words double the reviews... previews. I am still figuring that out.

Day 5 (February 8th)
As the first week drew to a close... nothing else happened. But still I figured I would be patient. After all this doesnt go up until February 14th. Plenty of time, right?

So I waited. And waited... and waited...

Week 1 ended, and... we'll end it here. What happens next? Lets see... Day 8 we brought in Phase 2, and that is when I heard from Dynamite. Then I began receiving press releases from Valiant from Phase 1 so I knew I did get in contact with them... but the details remained rather unclear, kinda like my present dealings with Dynamite really.

Next time?
Well unless there is a major update in this venue, ie I hear back from Dark Horse, DC or MARVEL... also looking for more info on my dealings with Dynamite and Valiant as well. Stay tuned.

End Note?
If I don't hear back from MARVEL before the end of the month? I am seriously thinking of bumping them in favor of Dynamite, who I have heard back from.

No comments:

Post a Comment