Wednesday, February 27, 2013

FYI


FYI
This Week - Next Step with Publishers Part 1

February is drawing to a close, and I am just about ready to begin researching interview requests... just requests! That way if I am approved for an interview I can launch right away.

But what was the result of February's inquiries?

I approached six companies with reviewer inquiries. Dark Horse, DC, Dynamite, IDW, MARVEL and Valiant.

Two of the six emailed me in one day with answers. That would be Dynamite and IDW... however on Dynamite's front? Well I was contacted, but the email sent was rather... vague. So I sent an email inquiring for details, of which I have yet to hear back. I will send another email (to the first person who contacted me) and try again.

OK. As for the three inquiries I made?

Press Releases.
I now receive news from IDW and Valiant, which I need to now post daily to get all caught up.

Yeah. Valiant didnt contact me, but they did put me on their mailing list for news.

Interviews
I can make requests of IDW... thats it.

Technically the invitation is also available from Dynamite... so I am going to buy me a batch of Army of Darkness and make an interview request or three (one at a time slowly) and see how I fare.

Review Material Request
Well... I was expecting that this would have to be something done reasonably... it will never again be the first decade of the 21st Century, and I have some great reviewing tales of that era. So what happened?

IDW gave me permission to do sneak peek recommendations and I finally set a recommendation scale for the article, which means I am drafting up my first Sneak Peeks IDW article that I will send to the Editor at RKYV for consideration ASAP. Stay tuned for updates and a blogcentric version coming soon. And yes, embargoes will be respected, even if I dont plan to spoil nothing on 5 or so pages of sneak peek.

Dynamite? Again the offer is there but I plan on carrying the burden abit first before making my first request. And... that is it. Don't get me wrong I am quite thankful for this oppertunity and all, but at the end of the day... well... wow.

Next up I am talking about plans for the upcoming "That New 52 Smell" cast. The hows of reviewing, what I will review, and so forth. Stay tuned!
"

No comments:

Post a Comment